Form 4 History CD - Order Today
Reasons why the Government Adopted African Socialism
There were several reasons that made the government to adopt African Socialism as a national philosophy. These included:
1. The leaders wanted to create a new society different from the colonial one.
2. The leaders wanted to create a society free from social-economic inequalities, racism and oppression.
3. The leaders desired to create a just and humane society in which all were considered equal before the law.
4. The leaders desired to create a united and free Kenya where individual rights and freedoms would be recognized.
5. To achieve high and growing income per capita.