Kcse Online is your one stop website for Educational Resources Made for Students and Teachers by the Teachers. Browse the Categories to see what you get.
The 3SQR Studying Technique
Before you read, Survey the chapter:
* The title, headings, and subheadings
* captions under pictures, charts, graphs or maps
* review questions or teacher-made study guides
* introductory and concluding paragraphs
* summary Question while you are surveying:
* Turn the title, headings, and/or subheadings into questions;
* Read questions at the end of the chapters or after each subheading;
* Ask yourself, "What did my instructor say about this chapter or subject when it was assigned?
* Ask yourself, "What do I already know about this subject?" Note: If it is helpful to you, write out these questions for consideration. This variation is called SQ3R When you be to Read
* Look for answers to the questions you first raised;
* Answer questions at the bening or end of chapters or study guides
* Reread captions under pictures, graphs, etc.
* Note all the underlined, italicized, bold printed words or phrases
* Study graphic aids
* Reduce your speed for difficult passages
* Stop and reread parts which are not clear
* Read only a section at a time and recite after each section Recite after you've read a section:
* Orally ask yourself questions about what you have just read or summarize, in your own words, what you read
* Take notes from the text but write the information in your own words
* Underline or highlight important points you've just read
* Use the method of recitation which best suits your particular learning style but remember, the more senses you use the more likely you are to remember what you read - i.e.,
TRIPLE STRENGTH LEARNING:
Seeing, saying, hearing- QUADRUPLE STRENGTH LEARNING: Seeing , saying , hearing, writing!!! Review: an ongoing process. Day One
* After you have read and recited the entire chapter, write questions in the mars for those points you have highlighted or underlined.
* If you took notes while reciting, write questions for the notes you have taken in the left hand mars of your notebook. Day Two
* Page through the text and/or your notebook to re-acquaint yourself with the important points.
* Cover the right hand column of your text/note-book and orally ask yourself the questions in the left hand mars.* Orally recite or write the answers from memory.
* Make "flash cards" for those questions which give you difficulty.
* Develop mnemonic devices for material which need to be memorized. Days Three, Four and Five
* Alternate between your flash cards and notes and test yourself (orally or in writing) on the questions you formulated.
* Make additional flash cards if necessary. Weekend Using the text and notebook, make a Table of Contents - list all the topics and sub-topics you need to know from the chapter.
From the Table of Contents, make a Study Sheet/ Spatial Map. Recite the information orally and in your own words as you put the Study Sheet/Map together.
Now that you have consolidated all the information you need for that chapter, periodically review the Sheet/Map so that at test time you will not have to cram but employ good study techniques.
Adapted from: Robinson, Francis Pleasant, (1961, 1970) Effective study (4th ed.), Harper & Row, New York, NY
Past Exam Papers for KCPE and KCSE
We have an enourmous data quiz bank of past papers ranging from 1995 - 2014 .
Quick Revision Booklets
Candidates who would want their papers remarked should request for the same within a month after release of the results. Those who will miss out on their results are advised to check with their respective school heads and not with the examination council. .
Candidate benefit from our quick revision booklets which are comprehensive and how to tackle examination question methods.
e-Content Digital Multimedia
As a supplementary to coursework content our e-library for digitized multimedia CDs while enhance and ensure that you never missed that important concept during the normal class lessons. It is a Do it Yourself Project.
Other Goodies for KCSE ONLINE Members!
Buy 1 Coursework DVD Disc and get a FREE Gold membership plan for two consecutive years. This e-Content Digital CD covers all the topics for a particular class per year. One CDs costs 1200/- ( Per Subject per Class ).
Purchase Online and have the CD sent to your nearest Parcel Service. Pay the amount to Patrick 0721806317 by M-PESA then provide your address for delivery of the Parcel. Ask for clarification if in doubt.
Install ADOBE Flash Player for Best Results
For Best results INSTALL Adobe Flash Player Version 16 to play the interactive content in your computer. Test the link below to find out if you have Adobe Flash in your computer.